Yamaha MX61 Music Production Synthesizer, White
Brand-New FM Essentials iOS App
The Yamaha MX61 offers a direction connection to iPhones and iPads via the Apple Lightning Connection Kit (sold separately), which provides you with 256 FM sounds produced by an FM engine. Offering four operators and ten voices, the FM Essentials app extends the MX61's capabilities and allows you to produce everything from classic '80s sounds to cutting-edge modern EDM.
1000 MOTIF Sounds
At the heart of the MX61 Synthesizer is the MOTIF engine which delivers 1000 sounds and 128 voice polyphony. From authentic sounds such as acoustic pianos, e-pianos, strings and drums to complex synth and electronic sounds with eight elements, the MX61 offers all of the iconic MOTIF sounds.
Split/Layer Performance Modes
Performance Mode on the Motifs has always been the place to find instant inspiration and the MX61 is no different. You can easily combine two voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons each with their own intelligent arpeggiator and a dedicated part for a drum track to create evocative performances that feel like a whole band is playing. The 128 performances on the MX61 are all user editable, but come programmed with the latest club friendly beats.
16-Part Multi Timbral and 128-Note Polyphony
Each performance contains not only the three sounds described above, but all the settings for a complete 16-part multi setting for play. You can switch between any of the 16 parts without the sound cutting off. With 128 notes of polyphony there are plenty of notes to play even the densest sequences from your DAW. These features make the MX61 the perfect tone generator solution for live performance and live playback of DAW MIDI tracks.
Master-Keyboard Functions and Integrated Audio Interface
For studio performances, the Yamaha MX61 Synth transforms into a comprehensive master-keyboard with an integrated audio interface. This allows you to directly control the important functions of a sequencer - such as Steinberg Cubase - through the dedicated DAW controller knobs and buttons. Even VST plug-ins are right at your fingertips. Thanks to the class compliant technology there's no driver installation needed, simply connect the MX61 to your PC or Mac via USB.
A Complete Suite of Music Production Software Included
The MX series of music production synthesizers are not just hardware synths - thanks to the bundled software they become a complete music production solution. The included Steinberg Cubase Al features 48 audio tracks and 64 MIDI tracks, notation and built-in VST effects, allowing you to produce complete music productions. The MX61 also includes Steinberg Prologue and the Yamaha YC-3B organ emulator which provides you with compelling VSTs to get started. Additionally, there are Remote Template editors for setting up controls of various VSTs.
- Over 1000 sounds from the MOTIF series
- VCM effects simulate vintage effects
- Easy split/layer performance mode
- Aux input and WAV/MIDI file playback
- 999 arpeggio patterns
- Remote Mode for DAW control
- 16-part multi timbral and 128-note polyphony
- Bi-directional USB audio/MIDI interfacing
- Complete analog and digital circuitry
- Lightweight, portable design with a professional Yamaha keyboard
- Includes a complete suite of music production software
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 984 mm x 112 mm x 299 mm
- Weight: 4.8kg
- Number Of Keys: 61
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 parts (Internal)
- Wave: Approx. 166 MB (When converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal
- Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Performance: User: 128 (16 parts)
- Effects: Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands)
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Songs: 27 demo songs
- Patterns: 208 patterns
- Appregio: 999 types
- Sequence Formats: SMF Format 0 (playback only)
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function:
- For Windows®: Cubase 6 or later, SONAR X1 ProducerFor
- Mac®: Cubase 6 or later, Logic Pro 9, Digital Performer 7
- Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
- Display: 3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] / [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
- Power Supply: 9 W
- Accessories:AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner’s Manual